Aging, gravity, pregnancy and breastfeeding lead to loss skin elasticity and sagging breasts. Breast lift surgery can address this concern and restore the natural, youthful shape of the breasts. However, a conventional breast lift involves incisions and scars, making most women hesitant to go ahead with it. Fortunately, now there is an alternative – the scarless breast lift in NYC. Performed by skilled NYC plastic surgeons using the BodyTite radiofrequency-assisted device, the procedure helps women achieve firm, perky, youthful looking breasts – without the long incisions, scars or excessive downtime associated with surgery.
Though the scarless breast lift in NYC is a minimally-invasive procedure, following your surgeon’s post-operative care instructions is crucial for smooth healing, fast recovery and optimal results.
- Arrange for someone to drive you home after the procedure.
- Have someone with you at all times for the first 24 – 48 hours to help with household tasks or other things.
- Avoid heavy lifting and strenuous exercise until healing is complete. Most patients return to normal activities within a few days.
- Lymphatic massage may help promote healing and enhance the appearance of skin around the treatment area.
- Wearing the compression garment as advised can speed healing. Wear it for at least one week after the surgery.
- Quit smoking as it can delay healing and increase the risk of complications.
- For post-procedural pain or discomfort, take the painkillers that your surgeon prescribes. Do not take aspirin or any products containing aspirin unless approved by your plastic surgeon.
- Refrain from alcohol when taking pain medications.
- Keep your follow-up appointments.
- Avoid sun tanning.
- Take plenty of rest and maintain a balanced diet. Eat raw fruit and drink plenty of water.
- If you notice anything unusual at the treatment site or during the healing process, contact your surgeon immediately.
Scarless breast lift in NYC begins with the plastic surgeon numbing the treatment area with local anesthesia. Once the area gets numbed, the device’s external electrode is applied to site and the device’s cannula is carefully inserted beneath the skin through a small incision. The electrode and cannula work together to deliver RF energy, which results in immediate skin contraction at the surface of the skin. This simultaneously increases the production of collagen to improve skin structure and tighten the skin.
Generally, scarless breast lift results are patient specific and depend on the treatment area, amount of fat removed, and other individual considerations. For instance, larger areas will require a longer recovery time. Initial results can be seen immediately after the procedure and the final results of the procedure are noticeable in as little as one week but become more pronounced after three to six months. Best results are usually seen after 6-12 weeks. Most patients resume their normal activities soon after the scarless breast lift.
Although the procedure is relatively simple, not every woman is a good candidate. An ideal candidate should be in good health, not have a history of breast cancer or prior breast radiation, have not had or do not have breast implants, is a non-smoker, and has realistic expectations about the outcome.
Mild pain, swelling, bruising, redness and numbness is normal after the procedure and subside on their own. Recovery will be smoother and easier if you follow your surgeon’s post-treatment instructions.
If you are considering the scarless breast lift in NYC, choose an AAASF-accredited plastic surgery practice that has plastic surgeons who are experts in performing the procedure using BodyTite. Such surgeons will provide customized treatment as well as end-to-end care and support all through the treatment which will make your scarless breast lift a safe, memorable, and rewarding experience.