Rated as one of the most popular cosmetic surgical procedures, breast augmentation in New York City enhances the size and shape of the breasts and makes them firmer and rounder. The procedure can boost your self-image and confidence.
Plastic surgeons who are experts in cosmetic and reconstructive breast surgery performe breast augmentation using FDA-approved implants. There are tailor-made implants for individual patients as opposed to a one-size-fits-all implant. Plastic surgery practices that provide breast augmentation in New York City offer a wide selection of breast implants such as:
- Gummy bear
- IDEAL implants
Expert plastic surgeons help patients to explore their options and make the right decisions.
Once you get the perky, shapely breasts you’ve always wanted with breast augmentation in NYC, what do you need to do to maintain them? Observe and follow your surgeon’s instructions carefully. Here are some steps and strategies to prolong the longevity of your breast augmentation outcomes:
- After the procedure, take enough time to recover. Giving your body time to heal and taking special care of your breasts during the initial days and weeks after the surgery will lead to better long-term results.
- Limit strenuous exercise for about two to four weeks or until your surgeon gives you permission to resume your activity level.
- Don’t skip the pain medication prescribed by your surgeon
- Wear a surgical support bra as much as possible, including at night, for life. Generally, surgeons will recommend a soft support bra to be worn for the first month after your breast enhancement procedure, as it will assist in the healing process and will allow your breasts to achieve the desired shape more quickly. To keep your breasts in place and look great, choose a style with wider straps and a strong structure. For heavier breasts, a three-clasp back bra is recommended instead of a two-clasp option. For athletic activities like yoga or pilates, get a high-quality sports bra such as a running bra or lighter support bra.
- Regular massage of the area around and over your implants for the first 3 to 6 months after breast augmentation is recommended. This will relax your chest muscles and reduce stress on your implants, ensure that your implants are positioned correctly, and stretch out the implants to create a more natural look. Massage will also reduce the effects of scar tissue on the appearance of your breasts.
- Avoid significant weight fluctuations as it can cause breast tissue to sag. Maintain a steady weight by following a healthy diet and regular exercises.
- Avoid unnecessary damage to the soft tissue by limiting nicotine exposure and tanning.
- Follow your doctor’s recommended schedule for breast imaging and don’t skip your mammograms. Whether you have breast implants or not, getting a mammogram is very important for every woman.
- Keep your follow-up visits with your plastic surgeon. Getting regular check-ups can help you stay healthy and happy with your implants for many years to come.
The decision to get breast augmentation is a highly personal one and requires investment of your time, money, and energy. Choose an AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery practice that has surgeons who are experts in performing breast implant surgery. A reliable surgeon will provide all the support you need to achieve your goals. Follow your surgeon’s instructions and tips for long-lasting results.