Patient Liaison Consultant Role / Specialist Medical Secretary
Due to recent practice expansion, Coco Ruby Plastic Surgery is seeking a motivated, friendly person to assist our experienced plastic surgeons to manage patient enquiries.
Starting off with training in the Phone Enquiry and Front Desk teams, this is a consultative role looking after patient management while working closely with our highly-experienced plastic surgeons and friendly team of nurses and admin staff.
The role can also be HYBRID – Part in the clinic in Hawthorn and part working from home.
What you’ll get
- A delightful working environment in elegant professional practice offices.
- Located in stylish premises in Hawthorn – close to Burke Rd shops & cafes
- Working with the latest medical and office technologies
- Parking nearby – also near public transport
- Skin Clinic onsite – Staff Samplers and Products to try
- Appreciative leadership team with practice rewards for extra effort
- Training and Opportunity to learn and develop further skills
- Career opportunities to develop and progress
- Training & Support on using Genie medical software and Active Campaign
You need to have
- An interest in Cosmetic Surgery and Skin Rejuvenation
- A friendly personality, attention to detail and a high level of self-motivation
- A stable work history demonstrating quality customer relationships and results
- Email & Phone skills and a desire to effectively follow up patients
- Knowledge of MS Office software and preferably Practice Management software
- Pride in your appearance
- Live within 40 minutes drive of Hawthorn East
You’ll be responsible for
- Handling prospective patient enquires via phone and email
- Patient relationship management during the entire process
- Scheduling and Managing Consult Appointments
- Resolving any patient surgical concerns with help of nurses
- Assisting and advising patients on their options
- Following up and networking with past patient
The application form will include these questions:
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Which of the following medical practice management software do you have experience with?
We may be offering a range of services and varied career opportunities and jobs in Cosmetic Medicine, Skin Rejuvenation and Plastic Surgery.
Get in touch with us if you want to express interest in joining our team when we have a job opening.
We are always open to talking with highly-skilled, established Specialist Plastic Surgeons, ENT Surgeons or Plastic Surgery Fellows who would like to discuss the potential for joining one of Melbourne’s largest groups of Specialist Surgeons.*
We are also keen to hear from career-minded individuals who want to make a positive difference in the lives of our cosmetic surgery and skincare patients.
For future Patient Coordinator roles, Nursing and Reception Support roles and Cosmetic Surgery Nurses please send us an enquiry to assess if we have any current job openings
Email Business Manager David Staughton – David@cocoruby.com.au
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgery Careers & Employment at Coco Ruby Plastic Surgery
Key Criteria for Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery and Skin Care Career Roles
What we look for:
We are always open to hearing from friendly, hard-working Plastic Surgeons and Assistants, medical professionals, Registered Cosmetic Surgery Nurses, Cosmetic Injecting Clinicians and Dermal Therapists and GPs that meet our FOUR KEY candidate criteria.
1. Solid knowledge of and interest in Cosmetic Procedures and Plastic Surgery.
Read our website and blog for more details. Or visit the website of ASAPS (USA) www.smartbeautyguide.com for more information on the industry and what plastic surgery and non-surgical cosmetic treatments can help patients to achieve.
There are a number of useful books & blog on the Plastic Surgery and Cosmetic Services Industry that you could read. These include:
2. Knowledge of a Practice Management System (PMS) is helpful for a career in the Aesthetic Industry.
The PMS is the heart of any practice.
- It is our patient database, our Clinic diary, and our financial and reporting system.
- Our PMS is called Genie, but most PMS are similar in nature.
- You could also benefit from watching Genie Medical System training Videos online.
- This can help ensure that PMS software is something you’ll be able to master if you are selected for a role at one of our Clinics.
3. Proven Communication Skills and former Customer Service & Sales Experience
- You need to know how to explain cosmetic procedures and promote Specialist services; you need to understand the differences in types of Surgeons who perform this type of service.
- This includes good communication skills to help explain the benefits of various procedures to prospective Patients as well as risks and recovery information.
4. Skills needed skills for a job in the cosmetic surgery or aesthetic industry, beauty businesses and Melbourne plastic surgery groups include:
You need to be calm and help reassure patients about any unrealistic fears or concerns they have, using extensive knowledge of procedures, typical recovery times and healing aids such as Healite II or Rapid Recovery Packs.
Most people take a while to decide whether or not they’ll pursue cosmetic procedures, so you’ll also need to be proactive in:
- making follow up calls
- answering numerous questions and alleviating unreasonable fears
- helping us to host our public events and patient information nights
There are many communications and sales influence books that may help with these skills, including several books that may be useful for patient consulting for cosmetic surgery.
Listen to Catherine Maley’s podcast to develop your skills .
5. Deliver a High Level of Patient Care
Aesthetic patients are NOT the same as regular Healthcare patients – the choice to have cosmetic surgery is generally an optional one. It can also be more expensive than some patients anticipate. Hence, many patients take time to decide, whilst investigating many options, including the dangerous option of going overseas for surgery with an unknown practitioner who is not FRACS qualified as a Specialist Plastic Surgeon.
Aesthetic patients also expect a higher standard of care, respect and confidentiality from their Clinicians and Surgeons.
This often requires:
- Building a longer-term relationship
- Delivering an awesome Patient Experience
- Developing empathy with aesthetic patients and reassuring them
- Developing an ongoing patient plan and procedure scheduling
- A friendly attitude to post-op support wound care and changing dressings
- Managing any potential complications
About Coco Ruby Medical
We Focus On Patient Care Excellence
- Our Clinics feature some of the most experienced groups of Specialist Plastic Surgeons, Cosmetic Medical Professionals & Skin Care Clinicians in Australia.
- We have several independent Specialist Plastic Surgeons and multiple clinic consulting locations in the Melbourne & Sydney region
- Our expertise is in providing precision Cosmetic Surgery and Patient Care Excellence.
- Our Coco Ruby Skin clinic offers Non-surgical cosmetic technologies to ensure our patients get the best possible results from their cosmetic surgery procedures.
Professional Training Provided
We are always working on continual improvement and personnel upskilling for our Team so that we can better serve our Plastic Surgery patients.
We are focused on Patient Care Excellence. We also believe in offering personal growth workshops and professional skills training to ensure we meet our patient expectations.
- Training provided for individuals who are team-oriented, computer savvy and who have the skills and attitude required to work with a leading group of health professionals.
- Enjoy working with a team committed to top cosmetic procedures and skincare treatments.
- Learn about our precision surgical techniques, advanced technologies and special equipment
- Are you results-orientated and customer service focused?
- Do you have a warm, engaging manner and excellent communication skills?
- Would you enjoy being a Patient-Liaison or a Surgical Nurse in a fast expanding, forward-thinking Cosmetic Clinic and Plastic Surgery Environment?
- Are you adept at Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Genie or other medical software?
- Genie experience, cosmetic industry and/or medical industry experience very helpful (but not required).
Who should apply?
Click here to read our handy web page guide about career paths and the required traits to be part of the cosmetic industry or plastic surgery industry sector in Australia.
To suit our team, you would need to demonstrate the following top skills and interpersonal capacities:
- strong interest in cosmetic surgery, cosmetic injections, beauty, skin health and aesthetics nursing
- a friendly, engaging telephone voice and top-notch customer service and sales skills
- a keen interest in helping others achieve their self-improvement and physical enhancement goals
- outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- strong computer skills and fast typing speed (minimum 75 wpm)
- intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- exceptional personal presentation
- sound knowledge of physiology or anatomy and medical or health care terminology
- high attention to detail with clinical software experience AND accurate data entry/scheduling skills
- empathy and rapport-building skills to support our Melbourne cosmetic surgery and plastic surgery patients
- customer service, sales or patient care/client liaison background
A beautiful environment to work
You’ll get to assist some of the best cosmetic and plastic surgery patients in Melbourne.
- A delightful working environment in a stylish and elegant professional practice
- Working with the latest medical technologies and skincare products
- Appreciative leadership team with recognition and rewards for the extra effort
- Training and opportunities to learn and develop your industry potential
- Above-award salary and incentives