Editor’s note: A recording of the event is embedded below.
Nothing brings wisdom like experience.
STAT convenes four former commissioners of the Food and Drug Administration to discuss the challenges the agency faces, from what the bar for approval should be to how the FDA should interact with the rest of the federal government.
Come for a wide-ranging discussion with the people who know because they have done the job.
- Robert M. Califf, M.D., MACC, head of clinical policy and strategy for Verily and Google Health; adjunct professor, Duke University and Stanford University
- Scott Gottlieb, M.D., resident fellow, American Enterprise Institute, former commissioner of the FDA
- Peggy Hamburg, interim vice president for Global Biological Programs and Policy, Nuclear Threat Initiative
- Jane Henney, M.D., professor (voluntary), Department of Population Health, University of Kansas—School of Medicine
- Matthew Herper, senior writer, medicine; editorial director of events, STAT (moderator)
- Sponsor Speaker: Jim Weiss, founder and CEO, Real Chemistry